Since opening our doors in 2002, United Yacht Sales has been committed to providing a family-like, supportive atmosphere for our yacht brokers. We believe that by treating our brokerage team like they are our customers, that they will in turn provide the same experience to you. By giving professional, expert, and truthful advice, as well as exceptional customer service, our hope is that you will continue to allow us to help you with your boating plans.
UYS has grown by leaps and bounds, from a single office in Stuart, Florida in 2002, to now over 175 brokers worldwide, 20 offices, and one of the largest support teams in the industry. In 2018, United reported a 40% growth in sales and then again maintained that success in 2019. But, no one had any idea what 2020 would have in store for our team or the boating industry.
When 2020 began with the onset of COVID-19 in the first quarter, the United team immediately went into action as one of the first companies to offer Virtual Boat Showings as a safe and effective way to help our customers purchase or sell a yacht. While the first quarter was difficult for everyone, there was no question that boating would quickly become the preferred safe way to enjoy your time with family. From April onwards, boat sales took off and United Yacht Sales grew our footprint through investment in our support team, our marketing, and our recruitment efforts.
United Yacht Sales is pleased to report that our overall sales grew 31% in 2020, compared to 2019. In addition, UYS also saw our average deal price increase by just under 10% and the overall number of boats sold increase 22% over last year.
"I'm very proud of what our team accomplished this year under very tough conditions," said Peter Schmidt, President of United Yacht Sales. "Keeping our team safe and healthy was priority number one. But, a close second was making sure our customers were well taken care of. I applaud everyone on our team for staying focused in 2020 and helping our customers get out on the water.
Yacht Sales Highlights of 2020:
- Most expensive yacht sold in 2020: 'ANTITHESES', 136' Horizon Motor Yacht by UYS broker Greg Graham
- Biggest yacht overall sold in 2020: 'GLOBAL', 220' Shadow Marine Expedition Mothership by UYS broker Christopher Cooke
- Most Expensive Sportfishing Boat sold in 2020: 'NO AGENDA', 73' Michael Rybovich & Sons by UYS broker John Blumenthal
- Biggest Sportfishing Boat sold in 2020: 'OVATION', 85' Jim Smith Boatworks Custom by UYS broker Chuck Newman
- Top Euro-built Motor Yacht sold in 2020: Unnamed, 76' Riva Yachts Perseo by UYS broker Juan Morillo
- Top Catamaran sold in 2020: 'ARIA', 80' Sunreef Yachts Power Cat by UYS broker Anthony Barton
- Strangest yacht sold in 2020: 'LUXURIA' 46' Global Luxury House Boat by UYS broker Ron Housman
Other notable sales included:
- 2014 Sunseeker 88 Motor Yacht
- 2005 Westbay 87 MY
- 2001 Azimut Yachts 85
- 'JJ PLAYTIME II', 2017 Azimut 80 Flybridge
- 'LOUD ENUFF', 2008 Mark Willis 76 Custom Sportfish
- 'HIGH BID', 2013 Princess V72
- 2012 Hatteras Yachts 72
- 2004 Marlow Yachts 70
- 2011 Alaskan Yachts 70
- 2019 Dyna Yachts 68 Enclosed Bridge
- (2) 2007 Viking Yachts 64's
- 2013 Lagoon Yachts 62
- 2001 Garlington Yachts 61
- 2009 Viking Yachts 60
- 2014 Princess 60
UYS sold nearly 650 Boats in 2020! Virtual Boat Showings are still being offered!
With over 175 yacht brokers worldwide, we have the largest network of boat buyers and sellers in the industry. Whether you are looking to purchase or sell, we have an expert on our team in the type of boating you plan to do. Give our main headquarters a call today at 1-772-463-3131 and we will connect you with the right broker that fits your needs. Interested in selling your yacht? UYS dedicates 100% of our marketing budget to our listing clients, not new boats or trades we own. Come experience the different that UYS can offer.
Interesting Boating Links
Worldwide Yacht Sales
Luxury Boats & Yachts
Popular Builders & Models
- Motor Yacht
- Sea Ray 400 Sundancer For Sale
- Bavaria Yachts
- Cheap Sailboats For Sale
- 44 Sea Ray Sundancer For Sale
- Used Edgewater Boats For Sale
- 54 Hatteras Motor Yacht For Sale
- Pilothouse Motorsailer Sale
- Aft Cabin Boats For Sale
- Power Catamaran
- 50 Ft Viking
- 60 Hatteras For Sale
- Sea Ray 410 Sundancer
- Sea Ray 500 Sundancer For Sale