Sunpower Yachts are an Australian Shipyard at the forefront of solar-electric, sun-powered boating. Through the development of new technology, embracing a commitment to clean, sustainable power, and minimizing the enviornmental impact of lithium ion batteries. Sunpower Yachts is going to transform traditional boating by creating endless opportunities for solar-electric propulsion systems and drive-chain solutions.Sunpower Yachts
About the Sunpower Yachts Shipyard
Australian boat builders have been well known in the world for the highest quality boat and yacht building standards for decades with the latest in innovation and technology and visions of their products to date.
All building material and procedures are engineered to the highest level to make sure that every yacht is a proven work of art and will last for years after their manufacturer. technical components are supplied from trusted European brands with a worldwide service network.
Sunpower Yachts personally installs all of the components of the propulsion system and drive-chain as well as the energy production and storage systems. Our team will also be available for worldwide service and warranty if required by our clientele.
The important components such as batteries, propulsion, and powerful generators can be serviced remotely via the internet by the Sunpower Yachts team.
Facts About The Sunpower Solar-Electric Technology
1. Solar Panels are integrated in the roof, so there is no wind-load on them. The batteries and electric-motors are inside the boat in a dry and safe place. All wiring is tin-covered and all plugs are specially designed for marine operation. All parts exposed to the marine environment are made of corrosion-resistant materials. All components are virtually free of maintenance. So the operating-costs are much lower than on a comparable conventionally powered catamaran.
2. Lithium-ion batteriesthat are light weightprovide sufficient energy for the propulsion system to run. There are many different types of lithium-ion batteries available for purchase. However, they vary in price dramatically if you are looking for quality. The brand we use is defiantly among the most expensive ones in the market. The reason we purchase this type of lithium-ion battery is the fact that they are best regarding packaging, liability, safety, performance, weight after sales service and life-span.
3. Engine rooms build up quite a lot of heat that e-motors do not so this can become a problem on large boats especially on hot days. Petrol engines projuce about seventy percent 70 % of the energy in form of heat. Electric-motors with an energy-efficiency of more than 90 % produce less than 10 %. Also, the gas burners stoves and ovens you may find in a yachts/boats produce a lot of heat into the interior of the yacht. As the inductioncooktops do not have an open flame, the inside of the yacht stays comfortably cool using no expensive dangerous or harmful gasses. Sunpower Yachts are equipped with a specially-designed ventilation system.
4. Comfort depends on the way you have to go about obtaining power. If electricity is always available with no impact to the planet, this goal should be first and foremost, Sunpower yachts have achieved this through design. Electricity is an always available gift from the sun injected into the solar panels.
All kinds of electric appliances can be connected to the system setup. You do not need to use fuel generators to use all your onboard appliances, you can also use all lighting when needed without a worry.
Watermakers are a real gift as now you do not even have to worry about water supply whilst on a large holiday or journey. Watermakers can produce up to 3.000L of drinking water per day giving you the comfort that you would not have previously had in the past. Sunpower yachts is to have comfort with zero emissions.
5. Engine maintenance and service in regards to electric motors do not need any service for up to 50 years. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you have reliable electric motors. If you have fuel engines the maintenance is continuous with oil and rusty water leaks from normal fuel engines. Electric motors we use have a 8 year warranty.
6. Sunpower yachts have custom made foam core e-glass that is 30 percent lighter than other yachts internal bulkheads and stringers yet is also stronger and engineered to the highest level. Yes, it is more expensive to make but our team focus on custom quality builds. The hulls are made by optimizing slower speeds unlike other yachts and boats which would use higher speeds this allows the slimline hull nose cone to cut through the water faster with less drag. SUNPOWER Yachts propulsion system works together in harmony.
History Of Sunpower Yachts
Grant Hudson has a history dating back to the 1970s in regards to electric propulsion systems that started with his electric remote-control speed boat and car at age 5.
At 7 years of age Grant could not understand why we were using fossil fuels when the first electric vehicles were in use as early as 1850s and the fact that his electric remote-control boat was faster than big boats on the water.
Grant first leant how to drive boats at age 5 taught by his father who navigated the best ocean fishing locations in Australia as a way to feed his family special seafood meals. Grant said his father always said we only need to catch what we needed allowing the ocean to regenerate. Grant currently has surpassed an estimate of ocean hours but the best was to describe his experience at sea is 45 years boating experience with a simple compass.
At age 21 Grant owned his first cabin cruiser a 24ft Haines Hunter that he lived on for over 2 years on the beautiful Gold Coast Australia. After this time, he bought and sold many boats that needed love and attention renovating the whole cruiser inside and out and then selling for a profit. He moved up to larger cruiser such as 35ft mustangs until one day he could not stand the backdraft of fossil fuels coming into the driver’s helm station. Thus, the journey began.
Grant started designing his vision what he believed to be the most popular and affordable size yacht the 44 and spent over 1-year R&D on the initial plans to make the yacht as perfect as possible in every way for the elderly retiring or retired sports sedan that has no flybridge to families to the next generation of youngsters entering the yachting world for the first time with a flybridge, even a charter version for small business or the larger family use that sleeps 7-9 patrons.
This yacht would have enough solar power on the top deck to power all onboard appliances, including the majors air-conditioning, watermakers, tv, stove, oven, fridge and lighting. Grant already had proof of many boats using the technology but wanted to integrate it one more stage by reducing the overall weight of a 2-3 story yacht to approx 11 tons which he achieved.
Sunpower Yachts has zero emissions, no fuel needed, no oil, no gas needed, no engine Service.
This yacht was designed for luxury and freedom of bills and location with a way and means to retire as the Sunpower 44 is all you need to unplug and live a luxury lifestyle off the grid as you explore the beautiful oceans around us.
Sunpower Yachts have now contracted the best superyacht building managers to offer the boat building industry who will take the vision and turn the designs of the Sunpower Yachts into reality.
For more information on Sunpower Yachts, please contact Darren Sell at 1-561-351-7333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.