United Yacht Sales 'Do The Right Thing' Scholarship
United Yacht Sales was established in 2002 by Peter Schmidt, a 40+ year marine industry veteran with a different vision for his yacht brokerage firm. Relying on their integrity, personalized customer service, and the mantra of "Doing The Right Thing, Even When It's Hard", United Yacht Sales has grown into one of the largest brokerage firms in the world.
United Yacht Sales extends its mantra of 'doing the right thing' by positively contributing to those that need help most. Students across the US are currently experiencing a difficult time, with many facing financial difficulties in paying for their essential education, and United Yacht Sales is proud to be a company offering a helping hand.
- The award is for $1,500
- The deadline is Dec 31st, annually
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply
Scholarship Application Process
- Please complete this form to submit your application: United Yacht Sales 'Do The Right Thing' Scholarship
- Please include a 500- 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
Elaborate on a time in your life where you have had to do the right thing, even when it's been hard
- Please provide proof of enrollment - a transcript, class schedule, or tuition bill
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from United Yacht Sales
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Questions about the scholarship can be directed to Scholarship@UnitedYacht.com
- The scholarship funds provided by United Yacht Sales will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
- No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
- Information pertaining to applicants can be destroyed at their request.
- All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is paid.
- Applicant emails will not be used for any marketing purposes. United Yacht Sales and its representatives will not knowingly sell, share, rent, or otherwise transfer your information.
- Applicants will not be asked to provide any sensitive information for their application or to claim their award if they are to win the scholarship.
- There is no fee to apply to this scholarship or for the winning applicant to claim their award.
- Applicants retain all rights to their essay.
Popular Builders & Models