50' Custom Commercial Boat 1949 Yacht for Sale
- 50 Custom 1949
- Vessel Length: 50 feet
- Vessel Builder: Custom
- Vessel Model:
- Vessel Year: 1949
- Vessel Name: Annaquatucket
- Vessel Type: Commercial Boat
- Vessel Price: $ Contact for Price
- Vessel Location: Wickford RI
For more information contact:
50 Custom 1949 Additional Information:
Please click the title or the + symbol to expand each area
Type: Commercial Boat Pilothouse
Engine Details: -
ANNAQUATUCKET began her life as a supply vessel on the Great Lakes. Designed and built in Vermillion, Ohio by the well-known shop of Andrew J. Marks, she was one of a group of rugged little vessels known as “Bum” boats or small boats used to peddle provisions to the ships anchored offshore. Often outfitted as floating convenience stores, they would tie up alongside these ships and the sailors could shop for clothes, beverages, etc. Some “Bums” even delivered the mail. All in all, these boats are a part of the lore of the Great Lakes Commercial shipping. The original configuration of this one had the full length deck open for supplies and there was a small helm in the bow. In 1991 she was repowered with a pair of 3208 Caterpillars and by 1993 the new cabin was complete. She lived in the lakes until 2001 when she sailed east and has completed a round trip to Bermuda. Her current owner berths her in Narragansett Bay.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on this website.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.