40' Trojan 12 Meter Motor Yacht Motor Yacht 1989 Yacht for Sale
Trojan 12 Meter Motor Yacht Details:
- 40 Trojan 1989 12 Meter Motor Yacht
- Vessel Length: 40 feet
- Vessel Builder: Trojan
- Vessel Model: 12 Meter Motor Yacht
- Vessel Year: 1989
- Vessel Name: KinShip
- Vessel Type: Motor Yacht
- Vessel Price: $ Contact for Price
- Vessel Location: Annapolis MD
For more information contact:
Captain Mark Solsman
40 Trojan 12 Meter Motor Yacht 1989 Additional Information:
Please click the title or the + symbol to expand each area
Model: 12 Meter Motor Yacht
Type: Motor Yacht Cruiser
Engine Details: 2 x Caterpillar 3208TA
Engine 1: 1989 - 375 HP - 1575 Hours
Engine 2: 1989 - 375 HP - 1575 Hours
Engine Details: Inboard - Diesel
Cruise Speed: 20 Knots
Hold Capacity: 55
FANTASTIC STEAL-OF-A-DEAL PROJECT FOR THE VALUE-MINDED OR SKILLFUL BOAT OWNER
This Cat diesel-powered Trojan 12 Meter was in constant use, all the way up until the sea strainer cracked due to ice, and the boat took on water faster than the bilge pumps could bail it out. This continued until the marina boarded, closed the seacocks, and pumped it out using a supplemental pump.
It is reported that the aft cabin took on approximately 8-10” of water, and the engine space took on approximately 6-8” of water. Hence why in the aft cabin the carpet and soft goods were removed and the holds opened up - so that the boat would dry. It was reported that the water in the engine space reached the battery chargers, batteries, engine starters, transmission fill points, and the bottom of the generator, but the engines themselves were not wet.
A recent repair estimates cited between $9,500 and $11,000, but the actual cost to repair could be more or less. Considering sisterships are currently listed between $70k and $100k, this boat could be a fantastic steal-of-a-deal project boat for the value-minded or skillful boat owner.
This boat is being sold for $25,000 strictly as-is, where-is.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on this website.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.