30' Capital Newport Newport 30 - MKIII Sloop 1986 Yacht for Sale
Capital Newport Newport 30 - MKIII Details:
- 30 Capital Newport 1986 Newport 30 - MKIII
- Vessel Length: 30 feet
- Vessel Builder: Capital Newport
- Vessel Model: Newport 30 - MKIII
- Vessel Year: 1986
- Vessel Name:
- Vessel Type: Sloop
- Vessel Price: $9,000
- Vessel Location: New Bern NC
For more information contact:
30 Capital Newport Newport 30 - MKIII 1986 Additional Information:
Please click the title or the + symbol to expand each area
Builder: Capital Newport
Model: Newport 30 - MKIII
Type: Sloop Cruising Sailboat
Engine Details: 1 x Universal MO 18
Engine Details: Inboard - Gas
Water Capacity: 70
Hold Capacity: 8
The Gary Mull designed Newport 30-MKIII is a departure from his earlier models, being designed more for cruising than racing. The MKIII came standard with a Universal diesel auxiliary and Edison wheel steering.
Below decks there is a spacious interior with exceptional headroom for a 30-footer, 6’-03”. There are berths for six, with a large double V berth in the bow. Aft of the V berth is a hanging locker to starboard. The door of the hanging locker, when fully open, can be used to isolate the V berth area from the main cabin, allowing for privacy. Aft of the V berth and to port is the head, with a manual toilet, deep sink, a hand-held shower and teak shower grate on the deck. The main salon has port and starboard settees and a drop-down table with an extension leaf. There is a Galley to port, Nav station to starboard and a quarter berth on the starboard side aft.
The MKIII has a fin keel and spade rudder and is most comfortable in a 10-15 knot breeze. The deck layout with wide side decks, built in non-skid, lifelines and pulpits fore and aft will keep your crew safe. The anchor locker is recessed into the foredeck.
The Newport 30-MKIII has often been sailed singlehanded, but a crew of two or three will make life easier and everyone will be comfortable and secure.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on this website.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.