60' Louw and Halverson Ketch 1961 Yacht for Sale
Louw and Halverson Details:
- 60 Louw and Halverson 1961
- Vessel Length: 60 feet
- Vessel Builder: Louw and Halverson
- Vessel Model:
- Vessel Year: 1961
- Vessel Name: Cape Corsair
- Vessel Type: Ketch
- Vessel Price: $ Contact for Price
- Vessel Location: Dartmouth United Kingdom
For more information contact:
60 Louw and Halverson 1961 Additional Information:
Please click the title or the + symbol to expand each area
Builder: Louw and Halverson
Type: Ketch Cruiser-Racer
Engine Details: -
Cape Corsair was built in Cape Town South Africa in 1961 at the famous yard of Louw & Halverson from a design submitted by the renowned international yacht designer Kurt A. H. Oehlmann of Lubeck Germany. Oehlmann’s classic designs of timber framed vessels are much desired. With only two owners since new, she has been lovingly cared for by both stewards. Her original owner requested that she be able to withstand the rigors of the Cape waters and capable of 9 knots under sail or power. Her first trip from Cape Town was April 1964 when she sailed to the Mediterranean via St. Helena, Ascension, Cape Verde, Canaries and Gibraltar. The 5,850 mile journey took 35 days at sea at an average speed of 7 knots averaging 167 miles per day. She is a classic 18 metre, 35 tonne wooden ketch of 5 metres in beam. She is cutter rigged with roller furling Genoa and inner foresail, a slab reefed main and mizzen; together with a mizzen staysail to compliment her down wind sailing ability. She can cross the Atlantic with no problem as the fuel should provide about 2,500 nautical miles cruising on engine alone and the wind is certain to fill her sails for at least another 500 miles.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on this website.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.